10. Mahatma Gandhi: He is considered to be the father of India. His full name is Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi and was born on 02 October, 1869.He led India to Independence and was the greatest supporter of non violence movement and freedom across the world. He was the lawyer by profession and spent twenty years in South Africa fighting against discrimination. He was assassinated on January 30,1948 by Nathuram Godse.
9. Subhash Chander Bose: He was one of the most prominent nationalist leaders and a great freedom fighter. He was also known as Netaji. He was born on January 23rd, 1897 in Bengal, India. He was the great follower of Swami Vivekananda. It was reported that he had been killed in an air crash over Taiwan (Formosa) on 18 August , 1945. Though it is widely believed that he was still alive after the air crash but not much information is available till now..
8. Nelson Mandela: He is a South African politician and a revolutionary who served in South Africa as a President from 1994 to 1999.He was born on 2nd September, 1918.he proves to be a true fighter in the world. He started as a leader of African national congress and played an important part in the dramatic demonstrations against the white ruled Government. He was in jail for about 27 years and get freed in 1990.
7. George Washington: Many people think of George Washington as the old man printed on a dollar who was the president of US. But actually he was the first freedom fighter from America before becoming a president. He was born 22 February, 1732 and later on becoming a surveyor by profession. He fought various wars like valley forge, 1777 campaigns, at York town and various others to free America from various issues. He died on 12 December, 1799.
6. Bhagat Singh: He was one of the Indian freedom fighter and contributed a lot in the Indian freedom fight against British. He is well known as Shaheed Bhagat Singh. e was born on 28 September, 1907 at Punjab , India. In order to take revenge of Lala Lajpat Rai’s death from Britishers, he with his friend planted two bombs in Central legislative assembly while shooting slogan of “Inquilab Zindabad”. He showed his bravery and his love for his country and people at various incidents. He was a true fighter and he wrote a diary while in jail. He was hanged to death on 23rd March 1931 in Lahore jail.
5. Dalai Lama: Tenzin Gyatso is the fourteenth Dalai Lama. He was born in Taktser, Qinghai and was selected as the 14th Dalai Lama. He is the loudest voice for the Tibetian cause and he preaches the kindness among all the people. He received the Nobel peace prize for his work in the year 1989. Dalai Lama continues to fight for the Tibetian People for freedom and equality from oppression from China. His philosophy of promoting understanding among his people has put him so high up on the list.
4. Aung San Suu Kyi: As Dalai Lama is fighting for Tibetan people she is fighting for the Burmese people and the fight is still going on. She is the only voice that Burma people have. She is under house arrest and has been separated from her family. She is also the recipient of the Nobel prize. She was born on 19 June 1945.She was released from the house arrest in the year 2010.Even the UN has tried but failed to do anything in this matter.
3. Martin Luther King Jr: – Martin Luther king Jr was from America and a leader in the African-American civil rights Movement. He was a great man and best know for his role in the advancement of the civil rights and his methods of nonviolence civil disobedience. He was born on January 15th,1929 and died on 4 April, 1968 in Memphis. He was the Noble peace prize winner.
2. Jawahar Lal Nehru: He is one of the greatest freedom fighters in India. He is also known as “Chacha Nehru”. And his birthday on 14th November is celebrated as children’s Day in India. After Independence he became the first prime minister in 1947.He was also one of the founders of the non-aligned movement.
1. Eleanor Roosevelt: She was born on 11 October,1884 in New York.She was fighting for the discrimination among the Blacks and whites.Which is the freedom fight for the black people as in early nineties the black people were not allowed to sit with the white people.she was the wife of the president Roosevelt and still fights for the human rights.